Thursday, March 06, 2014

A present every hour

I have actually surprised myself at the fact that I haven't posted anything about my relationship with Wes on the blog up to this point. Normally, I love talking about relationships of all kinds with my friends and coming up with new ideas to make people smile and feel special. Of course, I don't always do this well, but it's definitely a life goal. But this post isn't a collection of genius advice or profound realizations or anything, so don't get too excited now ;)

This guy right here

It was Wes' birthday recently, and when I asked him what he wanted to do to celebrate, he said (I'm not even kidding) "Whatever you want to do!" What a guy. Anyways, since he had no special requests besides that it was low key, I decided to get creative. That's when I remembered an idea I saw a while ago (probably on Pinterest) that seemed perfect...


A present for every hour of his birthday! Each one was individually wrapped and had a little note with the time to open it written on the outside. This was so fun!! I was so excited wrapping them all up the night before - it kind of felt like Christmas ;) 

Inside were all different things (thanks, captain obvious). Some were little treats, and some were 'bigger' gifts like....
  • Black liquorice (He LOVES this stuff, you guys)
  • This CD (His car was in dire need of some new beats)
  • A new book (From my mom, actually...but I take credit for the idea haha)
  • Coconut water (Which of all the things, might have been his favourite...crazy kid)
  • Some new PJ pants...made by yours truly, but I totally spaced on taking pictures to blog about that project. Blogger fail.
I'll admit it wasn't QUITE one for every hour. I figured that he would go to the gym in the morning and then swing by my house so I planned one every hour from 9 until 3, when I knew he would leave for track practice, and I saved the last bigger gift until after practice when we were going to have dinner. Honestly, I knew he would like it, but I didn't think he would love it as much as he did - he got so excited! It was really fun and I would highly recommend doing this sometime for someone you want to celebrate on their birthday. Who DOESN'T want a gift every hour on their birthday, right? 




4 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic idea! I think it's so cool that you made some of the gifts inside the packages too! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SO fun to give it to him...and homemade gifts are the most special :)

      Delete
  2. What an amazing post Purpsicle!! I love it - maybe I'll use the idea in July to celebrate someone so thoughtful and creative :) I want to be just like you when I grow up <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if you want to do that, you would have to hang out with my amazing mother - I get it from her!

      Delete