Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Will you be my bridesmaid?


Annnnnnd let the wedding posts begin!

I think my favourite part of the wedding planning process so far has been asking 4 of my best friends to be in my wedding. I wanted to find a way to ask them that was fun and let them know they were special to me, and of course I was anxious for some wedding crafting! After searching Pinterest for some inspiration (isn't that where every good wedding begins???), I came up with the idea of making a box for each of the girls.


I bought some boxes at Michael's and painted them an antique white, inside and out. I then painted the inside of the lid a Robin's Egg Blue (not my wedding colours, if you were wondering - I just liked them). Then I cut a piece of card stock in a fun design and wrote on it. The card stock was glued inside the lid. If you are particularly fancy, you could paint that part on, but I have yet to achieve that kind of cool factor. We won't talk about how many more of those I threw out than actually used for the boxes...apparently 4 good copies is too many for me to handle ;) 



It took me a long time to figure out what I wanted to put inside. I wanted to ask the girls pretty quickly after getting engaged, for a couple reasons. First of all, everyone was asking me who was going to be in the wedding. Secondly, I was excited and wanted to share it with them! If I had waited longer, I might have included some fun things like paint chips with the wedding colours on them or things that require planning, buuuuuuut I'm not exactly the queen of patience when I have exciting news to share. I ended up deciding on 4 things for each box:
       
          1. A journal - because I love lists, they were cute, and weddings need lists.
          2. A chocolate bar - because chocolate is always a need, right?
          3. A Starbucks card - so we can get wedding day Starbucks, because we all know it is going to             happen anyways, so I thought it would be nice to treat them.
          4. A letter - just to have the chance to tell them each that they are special to me.

I also included a little note explaining each of those things, which you can see in the picture above.



It was so fun to give each of them their box! I'm so incredibly thankful for the friends God has blessed me with :)

2 comments:

  1. what a lovely idea! I'm sure they'll treasure those boxes always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete