Thursday, January 30, 2014

One Small Change

When you first start thinking about natural living, it can be a little bit overwhelming. That's how I felt, at least! There are so many things that could be harmful or toxic, so many changes to make, and I had no clue where to start. Today I am going to share how I tackled this problem years ago, and actually, how I still do today.

One at a time. The easiest way to make your lifestyle more natural, is to make one small change at time. I know, you are all blown away by my brilliant ingenuity, right? In reality, this idea is not a new one. There are tons of websites and blogs out there encouraging people to make one small change a month, in order to "green your lifestyle" or whatever you want to call it. So whether you want to have a more natural home or save a few bucks, Julie Andrews said it best,

"let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start." 

Like I said in my previous post, making my own deodorant was the first switch I made for my life. I decided that it was something I could do, and I had 2/3 of the ingredients on hand already. After I finished that project, I simply picked another one. The easiest way to make these changes is to just keep replacing a product as it runs out.

I am going to try and post on this topic regularly so that hopefully some of you will be inspired as well. Some of these ideas are ones I have already posted on (and some I plan to post on), and you can check in with the "Make the Switch" tab at the top of the page for more ideas as I add them.

Here are some ideas to get you started:

No comments:

Post a Comment